Recycling is the new sausage sizzle.
Educational, inspirational and profitable, recycling through container deposit schemes is a great way to raise funds for your community group, and we can help. At Envirobank, we help groups like the Men’s Shed, Girl Guides and Country Women’s Association raise money for all sorts of things, and we’d love to help your group make the most of your state’s container deposit scheme, too.
We’ll set you up with collection bags, provide a marketing kit to help you spread the word, come and collect the containers, and pay out the refund. All you need to do is get your group on board and you’re in business.
Why your community should recycle.
- Recycling is a hassle-free fundraising option.
- You’ll reduce litter around your neighbourhood.
- It engages people on the subject of sustainability.
- It’s highly effective. A group with 100 members could raise $6k p.a.
- You can run it all year.
- People love it.
How it works.
Fundraising through recycling is easier than you may think.
- You and your members collect eligible containers.
- Return them to Envirobank or arrange a pickup.
- Earn money for your community group.
Are your members’ containers good to go?
As a general rule, most drink containers between 150ml and 3L can be returned for a refund under your state’s container deposit scheme.
Containers should be empty, uncrushed, lid-free* and display the refund marking for your state.
* In NSW it’s ok to leave the lids on.
Get in touch.
If you’re ready to get your fundraising started, get in touch. One of our friendly recycling gurus will contact you to see how we can help your community group with your fundraising objectives.
If your enquiry is regarding a customer service matter, please contact us here.