Celebrating our recycling eco-warriors
Congratulations to our recycling eco-warriors! Thanks for supporting the circular economy, your commitment to collecting bottles and cans makes an impact. Remember, your actions add up over a lifetime, especially if you bring others along on your sustainability journey.
Meet Rugby, our latest eco-warrior success story
Every bottle and can you collect and recycle plays a role in reducing waste and conserving resources. Rugby’s got the idea, by just booking a few pickups he’s managed to pocket over $1,500!
When you’ve got your 250 bottles and cans ready, book a pickup to get your refund.
Material waste – the hard facts
- It takes 200-500 years to break down, if it sits in landfill it will be there a while…
- It’s estimated that around 76% of all aluminium ever produced is still in use today.
- The power saved by recycling a single aluminium can power a TV for 3 hours.
- Americans throw away enough aluminium to rebuild the US commercial air fleet every 3 months.
- Aluminium can be recycled infinitely.
- Glass recycling numbers are poor due to contamination and breakage, and the need to separate by colour.
- Despite challenges, it’s extremely easy to reuse and repurpose if collected right.
- The average time for a glass bottle to decompose is around 4,000 years.
- In America, 28 billion glass bottles and jars go to landfill each year.
- Glass is endlessly recyclable.
- Water bottles may take up to 1,000 years to decompose in landfill and lead to microplastics entering the ocean.
- Plastic in the ocean is a huge problem with estimates suggesting that 8 million metric tonnes of plastic end up in the world’s oceans annually.
- Plastic pollution affects at least 700 marine species, but this is likely to be much higher taking into account other factors.
Let’s get it together!
Your impact isn’t just the bottles and cans recycled; it’s in the ripple effect you’re creating through your actions. Don’t keep it a secret!
Everyone knows a small business, church group, school or sports club. Joining forces not only amplifies your impact but it also fosters a shared sense of unity, after all, we all share this earth together, why not keep it clean!
Thank you for being the recycling eco-warriors we all need.